EDR’s commitment towards Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance ("ESG") issues is strong and hands-on. Whilst our efforts may be small, they are an important step towards a more sustainable society.
EDR has recognised that Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) issues can have a significant impact on our business, in terms of how we operate, how we create value and how we can positively benefit our clients.
These issues are integral to our business, both within our own operations and those of our clients. We believe companies with an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way of operating can significantly de-risk their business model and, therefore, achieve greater cost efficiencies and profitability, ultimately leading to smarter business.
ESG policy statement
1. Comply with relevant regulations and appropriate best practices governing the protection of human rights, occupational and public health and safety, the environment, and the labour and business practices of the jurisdictions in which we conduct business.
2. Adhere to the highest standards of conduct intended to avoid even the appearance of negligent, unfair or corrupt business practices or practices involving conflicts of interest.
3. Regard implementation of our ESG engagement activities as an integral part of how we do business.
4. Provide for the assignment of and accountability for ESG responsibilities to our senior managers, agents, consultants and partners.
5. Instruct senior managers in the identification and management of ESG risks and opportunities, and provide them with appropriate support (including external resources and training, when needed).
6. Identify ESG risks as part of how we deal with clients, agents and partners, seeking both to respect human rights (including avoiding any dealings where there is the use of child or forced labour or discriminatory policies) and manage ESG risks, including those arising through our supply chain.
7. Recognise that our ESG activities are of an ongoing nature and encourage continual improvement in ESG performance in our operations.
8. Distribute this policy to all EDR employees, agents, consultants and partners.
9. Ensure appropriate disclosure and encourage dialogue on ESG with our employees, agents, consultants and partners.
We will review the policy’s effectiveness and implementation on a regular basis, and report relevant findings, progress and recommendations to our Senior Management.
This policy has been approved & authorised by:
Name: Mrs Samantha Bowen
Position: Managing Director
Date: March 2019